Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Random Cloud Photo

I really like clouds. I'm also a little afraid of them. Sometimes, when I look straight up into a cloud overhead, I feel the irrational fear that at any moment gravity will reverse itself and I'll fall straight up into the sky.

If God existed, clouds would be the perfect medium of communication between Him and us. He would have the entire sky as His drawing pad, and clouds as the medium to draw with. God could then write out His will in the sky for everyone to see (in the appropriate languages to suit local audiences, of course), or if He preferred to remain mysterious and cryptic, He could put up suggestive images to indicate to us what was on His mind.


I wonder what God was thinking of, on this day -- hairy caterpillars, perhaps... or a bridge to the Moon (you can just make out a tiny, faint Moon in the lower right quadrant, between the cloud/contrail and the building).

No comments:

Post a Comment