Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Ewokuxiba Are Coming! (Part 1)



A couple of years back, through my friend Ev's connections, I was tapped by a certain Hollywood Personage (henceforth he shall be referred to as Mr. X -- but he bears a surname that is legend in American animation) to design some characters for a new video game. Some of the characters were human, others were 'creatures' -- one 'good monster' and a whole slew of evil ones.

As far as I know the project never made it beyond the planning stage, at least in the incarnation with which I was familiar (perhaps it was revamped and successfully sold in a different form, who knows), and my involvement with it came to an end after the initial character design.

Anyway, here are two of the human characters I visualized for Mr. X (as it turned out, due to a bit of miscommunication the character descriptions I was given were not quite what Mr. X had meant, and consequently these character designs were not quite what he was expecting -- but aren't they cute). They were supposed to be teenage misfits, part of a gang of young heroes fighting the good fight for the preservation of mankind, under the tutelage of a wise old space being called Ybuxieb (that is not the actual name of the entity -- I don't know if it's all right for me to use the actual names of the characters here, so whenever I type a name from the project I will 'scramble' it by shifting one place over on the keyboard; hope that makes it O.K.).

The evil monsters follow, in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment