Friday, March 4, 2011

Another Strangely Silly Verbal Synchronistic Event (#11)

Sometimes I talk to myself. O.K., I talk to myself A LOT. Also, sometimes I'll make up new expressions, and even whole lines of dialogue using these new idioms, and practice saying them. It's almost like I'm writing a script for my life. That probably strikes some people as a little odd, a few others as delightful, and the majority as yawn-inducing -- even I find myself dull sometimes; maybe I should consider a rewrite of my life as an action comedy or fantasy adventure... (and please, no offers to ghostwrite it as a farce or horror fantasy).

Usually, these neologisms fall somewhere within the ironic/deadpan/gross/sarcastic quadrangle. For example, the most recent one I came up with is "It's like trying to take the most attractive photo possible of somebody's stomach contents". A pretty nice one, if I do say so myself. I can totally see it being thrown out by some smart-alecky character on a TV show or something.

So anyway, just now I was watching a video journal this blogger had put up. She was talking about a concert she'd just recently attended (of the South Korean boy band Big Bang; she works as an ESL teacher in SK), and obviously she was still quite enthused, because she kept making these very animated facial expressions as she spoke. I suppose I got caught up in her enthusiasm -- because at one point I found myself spontaneously chiming in with "Ooh, oodles in my hot little hands" (go figure), rubbing my hands like a supervillain as I spoke.

That totally didn't make any kind of sense, I know; but anyway, just as I said hot, she said "...really hot, like, crazy hot..."

No comments:

Post a Comment