Monday, March 7, 2011

Today's Thrift Shop Purchase

CAPT. JEAN-LUC PICARD


This being my second Capt. Picard action figure, I decided the two of them are twins, and the other brother's name is Jean-Jacques.

I don't know which one is Jean-Luc the Starfleet captain and which one, the planetlubber Jean-Jacques, but I do know that when Jean-Luc wasn't out captaining, the brothers worked as a vaudeville act ("The Bold, Bald, Brothers Picard") performing many surprising and admirable feats of acrobatics, song and dance, and Three Stooges-like lowbrow comedy. They were very good, too -- Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연 looks positively awestruck by their act.






Edit: It seems to me this is very likely the first time ever Patrick Stewart and Jeon Do-Yeon have appeared together in anything. And I MADE IT HAPPEN! WHOOP WHOOP!ㅋㅋㅋ

No comments:

Post a Comment