Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just Odd


A picture, split down the middle.

That's me on the left, the short light boy in the dark jacket, in the light half of the picture, standing next to the tall dark boy in the light jacket, in the dark half of the picture.

Everything's the opposite, like we're each other's secret alter egos.

Weird. Is he my evil twin?

Am I his evil twin...?

And what's weirder is, I remember the other boy's name, but I have no idea who he is or why I knew him, and neither does my mother, even though the original photograph has the date written in the lower margin in her hand. For some reason I used to think he was a distant relative, but now I'm not sure.

Does he have this photo too? Does he wonder who I am?

Is he even real? Maybe I'm the only one who remembers him.

If he is my other half in some sense, were we born on the same day?

Will we die on the same day?

No comments:

Post a Comment