Monday, February 21, 2011

Precognition Again? (#2)

MORE FROM MY DREAM JOURNAL

I was going through my old dream journal when I found the following passage buried inside the entry dated January 27/28, 1997:

"A precognitive dream: In the afternoon I told Diane about the apparent precognitive image I had a few days before, when I imagined a simple experiment in physics [Edit: clearly, what is meant is that I observed/conducted this experiment in a dream]. A heavy weight suspended by a chain would be started swinging like a pendulum, with exactly the right amount of energy to swing right up to a person’s face without smashing into it. Next morning, on Crook & Chase, the talk show, Bill Nye the Science Guy was a guest, doing the exact same stunt with the show’s hosts".


Then below it I found this rather amusing entry dated April 22/23:


"Waking Memory Intrusion: 1. Before going to sleep I had finally made it through the final chapter of Doom. In a dream I physically went through the part of the maze that leads to the last gate. 2. I had put the vacuum cleaner out on the balcony during the day, and the possibility of rain had briefly bothered me, but it was a scorching hot day and rain was extremely unlikely, so I left the vacuum cleaner outside overnight. I dreamt it did rain. Possibly the rain-like sound of trees in the (very)strong wind outside helped to bring on the dream. When I went to retrieve the vacuum cleaner(in the dream) I found that I had already put it away. This anomaly should have been a *cue*, but I did not recognize it as such".


**At this time I was experimenting with lucid dreaming. I was trying to cue myself within the dream to become conscious without waking.

No comments:

Post a Comment