Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Cloud Found!

A WONDERFUL CONFIRMATION

About two weeks ago, I noticed this unusually regular hole in the clouds.


It looked hauntingly familiar, but I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. It kept bothering me ever since, and this morning I finally started going through all my old photos. I have A LOT of old photos and it was a fairly daunting task. Fortunately, before long it occurred to me to search my blog entries first. Good thing, too, because et voilà! look what I found under July 6, 2010!


I'd stumbled across the original home of that lozenge-cloud! Apparently the mother-cloud has been staying around all this time, keeping its shape! Perhaps it was hoping and waiting for the return of its peregrine progeny...


I love, love, love it when a cloud stays around.

I remember another cloud from about four(?) years ago. It looked just like a big wild goose flying south for the winter. I still find myself scanning the horizon now and then, half-expecting to see it flying back from the opposite direction.

Edit: I was kind of wishing that the mother and child clouds would get back together and become whole again... but then it occurred to me that if they did reunite, I would never know it -- the hole in the cloud would be filled, and I would not recognize it any more. Not only that, it also occurred to me that perhaps the mother cloud has lasted so long only because it misses the little cloudlet. Once they reunited, the happy cloud would then go the way of all clouds and fade away forever...


I hope the mother cloud never gets its wish.  I hope mother and child clouds will remain apart and live forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment