Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Emergent Moon

TIME AND SERENDIPITY


Wow..!

I was leaving work, and just as I stepped outside I was transfixed by the arresting sight above(well, by a slightly earlier version of it). If I had come out half a minute later, or if I had left by the back door as usual instead of the front door, I would have missed it. I shot several more frames, but due to the quick movement of the cloud and the slowness of my little point-and-shoot camera, these two are the only ones to capture the Moon in the process of emerging from behind the solid-looking, glowing cloud.


One of my favorite painters, eccentric loner Albert Pinkham Ryder, painted a number of scenes showing the Moon as a pale, glowing disc amidst thick dark clouds. I think Ryder would have liked these.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at imagery by Ryder and a photo from your blog was among them. Keep going! You have your own way of looking at skies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm always grateful and somewhat surprised (but happily) when someone appreciates my cockeyed ways :)

      Delete