Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Speaking Of Faces

Some more of my self-exorcisms.


My therapist once said of these faces that I seemed to have invented a new race of people. I kind of agreed.

Worm Rescue Update:

It was overcast and misty/sprinkly pretty much all day today. During my usual morning walk, though, I didn't see a single worm. It was kind of odd, but of course it would be a good thing for wormkind if no worms ever again foundered on the unforgiving sea of concrete.

So I was just ambling along, my eyes to the ground, idly wondering if it were possible the worms were getting smarter, when a few yards ahead I saw one literally jump out of the grass onto the sidewalk! I'd never seen anything like it -- I rather doubt many people have seen worms jump -- and it looked really weird, but now I know that that vigorous writhing move worms do can enable them to jump, like a coil spring. Maybe this one was surprised by an enemy while crawling along.

Anyway, I put it back in the soil, and then there was another worm just a few yards on, making a total of thirteen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment