Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Tought I Thaw A Thuperhero


Don't know who that was, but I sure wish it coulda been me.

O.K., I accept I'll -- probably -- never be able to do that( like I noted before, the Flying Ointment is probably too old now to have any juice left in it, and I long ago lost the Witch's phone number)... but still, I AM a hero -- to a grateful bunch of earthworms (not that I'm in it for the fame and adulation).


Worm Rescue Update:

This morning I repatriated three more worms! One had been cut in half -- perhaps by a gardener's Weed Whacker -- and ants were already swarming over the rear half. The front half was lucky to have the strength to crawl away...

Number of worms rescued since I started keeping count: 9


Weirdly Inconsequential(But Funny) Synchronistic Event Update (#5):

Note: On L.A. County Library's book spine labels, YA preceding a Dewey decimal number indicates 'Young Adult' reading level -- like 'YA 741.5 GALLAGHER' on a graphic novel, for example.

Some time in the early afternoon today, I was absently perusing some books while on the other side of the office partition co-workers X and Y were yakking away. I could hear their words quite clearly, although I wasn't really paying attention.

I happened to spot a book whose call number was misprinted as YA YA something or other. I found it amusing and mumbled it to myself, "Ya ya...", and immediately, I heard X say to Y, "Yah, blah blah blah..."

Ya Ya Ya.., anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment