Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Strange And Dramatic Dream

This morning, immediately before waking up, I dreamt that I was watching a magic performance.

 
The magician held up a life-size cardboard cutout of a dog, turned away from the audience for a moment, then turned back to face us with a real live dog.


Even as the audience was still applauding, the magician turned away and back again -- in his hand now was a human skeleton.  It was smoking.


The audience applauded even more enthusiastically, and I said to my companion (a composite figure of two of my coworkers) that the smoke was a fantastic touch.


The magician had one more trick up his sleeve though -- he turned away and back once again, and now the skeleton was in flames.


This reminds me of a dream I had a long time ago.  I was gingerly picking my way through a mine field.  The field was strewn with human skulls.  The skulls were bombs, and they were burning fiercely.

No comments:

Post a Comment