Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sunken Sun

A FAVORITE FEAR, RE-REIFIED

As much as possible, I prefer to stay in the background and let my pictures speak for themselves.  In this instance though, I'll append a small explanation, because this post addresses something specific;  one of my oldest and most fundamental fears:  that of the darkness at the ocean bottom, made all the more frightening for being lit-up in small part -- imagine the crew of a wrecked vessel, seeing this forlorn view just outside a porthole by the weak light of a dying battery --  just so you can see how the darkness stretches forever on all sides.  To me it seems like living, creeping entropy, the absence of all cheer and expectation.  Like being buried forever.  Like being permanently suspended in the moment before winking out for the last time.



No comments:

Post a Comment