Monday, April 15, 2024

Another Oddball Object, From The Past

It pays to go back and check out old picture files!  I was going through some old photos when I came across this one.  It was shot in December, 2019, and shows some mildly interesting clouds shot through the windshield of my car.  As I was looking it over, I suddenly realized that I may have inadvertently photographed something else besides clouds.  Obviously, at the time it was taken I did not notice this unusual detail.  Whatever it is, it looks too sharply defined and regular in shape to be a cloudlet.  Rather, it looks much more like some sort of self-contained, concentrated mass -- and no, it's not a piece of shmutz on the windshield either, because it does not appear in any of the other photos.  What it does remind me of though, is the "sky amoebas" whose images appear in Trevor James Constable's book They Live in the Sky.  The heck.


No comments:

Post a Comment