Sunday, April 28, 2024

One Unusual Night

Before it closed up a month or so ago, I used to pass by this kindergarten almost every day.  I never paid it much attention;  it was just another built-in facility for the convenience of the residents of my apartment complex, like the pharmacy, the Taekwondo dojang, the piano studio and the ice cream shop.

On one particular night, though, while making my way back from the convenience store at the end of the mini-strip mall with my beer purchase, my eyes took in this sight -- and I was transfixed.

The gate, the lights, the full Moon, and the ginkgo leaves arching above, all had conspired to create a magical sight -- reminiscent of some enchanted castle from a fairy tale that I've never read but can almost remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment