Monday, January 16, 2012

Snail Rescue

This actually happened several days ago.  I was going out for a lunchtime walk as usual when I spotted this small dark lump on the glass of the lobby window.  At first I thought some joker had stuck a wad of gum there, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a snail.




I decided it had to be relocated.  It was not in any immediate danger, but once the gardeners took notice it would most likely have been chucked in the garbage or killed outright.


I hope being plucked off the glass didn't cause it injury.



This was the most I could do under the circumstances.  I don't even know if snails eat wet ivy, but probably they can, since I see snails everywhere around the office whenever it rains, and all the unpaved parts of the grounds are covered with either this or grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment