Sunday, August 14, 2011

Koi




Today I had lunch with Mom at our favorite Chinese place. There was a young couple seated at the table next to us, and I noticed the head of a fish peeking out over the back of the girl's top. It so happens I'm a fan of the colorful Asiatic ornamental carp, best known here in the U.S. by their Japanese name koi. I asked for permission to photograph the tattoo and got it.

Which reminded me of this.


On that previously-referenced trip to Jeju-do, South Korea, I happened across a beautiful koi pond in a park. Such extravagantly glamorous fish -- It's as if they were born wearing embroidered silk robes. And I'd say the tattoo artist did a fine job of capturing their sinuous beauty.



There are koi on the noren curtains in my loft, as well. Wonder if they taste as good as they look? Just kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment