Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crane Project Update #1 (New Style)


I don't know how many are shown here; probably not that many. Anyway, from now on I'll just keep adding more panels to this picture instead of showing individual updates. I think it'll be more fun that way.

Up until a few minutes ago I was sure the best alternative method of displaying these birdies was to buy a glass bowl from an aquarium shop and cram them all in it. I thought it would be an elegant and impressive way to show them off.

However, as I started to write this post it occurred to me that might not be the best way -- over time the combined weight of the upper ones might crush the ones at the bottom, for example; and in any case the majority will not be visible, being inside the mass of birds.

Now I'm thinking of compromising with the traditional method of stringing them up; I could hang them from the ceiling -- individually. Now THAT would be an impressive way to display them, but it will be an insanely tedious job to hang them all. I'll have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment