Saturday, August 20, 2011

An Intriguing Dream

INCIPIENT LUCIDITY -- I SOLVE A PROBLEM IN A DREAM - CONSCIOUSLY

[This is a new dream I just had this morning. The following is a modified version of the entry I just added to my Dream Log]

I kept drifting in and out of sleep all night. At one point I dreamt that I was going to a house to meet this woman for some sort of (art-related?)business deal. I arrived before she did and parked my car by the curb on the same side as the house.


After the meeting, we said goodbye, she drove away, and I looked for my car – only to find it was gone. I scouted up and down the block, on both sides of the street, to no avail.

While worrying about it I began to rise out of sleep and became partly conscious. That's when a solution occurred to me:  I should go back into the dream and dream that I found my car!


It worked like a -- well, a dream.  I managed to go right back into the dream and continue with the new scenario -- but curiously enough (maybe not so curious, considering this was a dream), in a somewhat garbled form; I found myself in my car, responding to my call to bring the car back!


Then there was a small flash-forward; the crisis had been resolved and I was back inside the house, telling someone in the living room about the unusual thing I had just managed to pull off.


Edit: Why didn't I just find my car, instead of driving it back to where 'I' was waiting? Maybe this is my way of telling myself that only I can make things happen for me(?) -- that, instead of just thinking exciting thoughts and living inside my head, I should get cracking and try to do them in real life...

No comments:

Post a Comment