Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hello Kitty Tattoo

Tuesday was May Day.  Which meant there was a convergence of multiple protests and demonstrations in downtown L.A. Which meant heavy police presence, traffic detours and (more than usual)general rowdiness.

 HELICOPTERS OVER PERSHING SQUARE

The evening rush in my downtown neighborhood is bad enough on ordinary days, but with a number of lanes in the heart of the jewelry district closed to vehicular traffic, the streets had turned into virtual parking lots.  Still, I figured I just needed to be patient and presently I would be home.  Complacent fool me, I had forgotten my own dictum:  "Everything costs more, takes longer and hurts worse than you thought".  As I approached my building I found the street was closed off at both ends of the very block I needed to access in order to enter the garage.  As there are hundreds of residents who park in the building, I imagine there was many a disgusted curse pronounced in the direction of City Hall Tuesday evening.  Anyhow, I decided the best thing to do was to get out of downtown, have a leisurely dinner elsewhere -- taking as long as possible -- and come back after a few hours.  Which is how I ended up in a Mexican diner in Hollywood at 8:00 PM.

In the end, the evening worked out all right.  The food was delicious, and while I was making inroads on my chile relleno a young woman came in who had an interesting tattoo on her calf -- in addition, I'm certain, to others that were not visible, as well as piercings other than the one through her nasal septum.  Naturally I had to ask for permission to photograph it, which she was happy to give.


No comments:

Post a Comment