Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Happier Hummingbird

Over the last couple of days since the previous hummingbird post, the weather has improved considerably.  It was sunny and fairly warm both yesterday and today, and when I saw the critter again it seemed in decidedly better spirits.  At least that's how I interpreted the increase in friskiness and noisemaking.  I think the exuberant high spirits come through in these new photos.

To catch this quick little birdie in flight I had to stand with my camera pointing at the treetops, waiting for it to take off, for some minutes at a time (my arms!).  But its movements were so quick and sudden that carefully following its flight was simply impossible.  Several times I missed the moment altogether, and even when I did manage to track it I mostly ended up wildly swinging the camera around in the general direction of its flight with my finger on the shutter button, hoping I came close.










 DETAIL OF ABOVE SHOWS THEM CRITTERS CAN
FLY UPSIDE DOWN




 THIS DETAIL SHOWS WHY HUMMINGBIRDS ARE CALLED
'BEE BIRDS' IN KOREAN


 SURVEYING ITS TURF



No comments:

Post a Comment