Friday, April 1, 2011

Other Self Images (Pt. 2)

Once I dreamt that I could shoot bolts of lightning out of my hand like a cartoon superhero.


In the dream it was quite easy and natural, and I remember vaguely thinking that this is so easy, I should be able to do this in waking life from now on. Oh, well.

Anyhow, I realized today that while one is free -- perhaps even morally obligated in some way -- to continually strive to improve oneself throughout life, it may ultimately be necessary to accept *that one may never rid oneself of some traits that one would rather not have*.


But perhaps the very act of recognizing that you'd like to be something better than what you are, already makes you morally a little better than what you are?

Or does it make you worse, in that you know how you could/should be better, but have not made the necessary changes?

Oh, well.


*I'm not confessing that I'm living a secret other life as a vampire or a psycho killer (vamps and psychos don't WANT to change, see?).

No comments:

Post a Comment