Saturday, September 30, 2023

Fancy Lunch

Yesterday I was invited to the home of S.Y., who is a distant relative who lives close by (see what I did there?^).  Besides myself there were three other guests, so including S.Y. and his wife it was six for lunch.  Well, it turned out he had rustled up an elaborate seven-course meal (not counting dessert) -- with a printed menu -- with wine for each course, and he'd prepared it all himself (his wife was a lovely hostess but she is not obsessively into gourmet cooking like he is;  in fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd asked her to keep out of 'his' kitchen while he was working on his gourmet project).  I just wish I'd remembered to take more photos, because all the courses were not just tasty, but gorgeous to look at, as well.  And as the other guests were leaving I was asked to stay behind to enjoy the company and conversation and sample some more of his wine.  I ended up staying past midnight and came home still feeling tipsy.  What an unusual and interesting day for this semi-recluse!








No comments:

Post a Comment