Saturday, August 12, 2023

JANISCHEWITZ?

I don't know if other people are like this, but I've always had trouble recalling certain words. Not "difficult" words, either ; just plain ordinary words; like "mulberry", and... and.., see? Well, I'd completely forgotten about this interesting dream I had, but Facebook threw this memory of it up, from a few years ago today.

O.K., this not-being-able-to-reremember-certain-words thing is carrying over into my dreams now. Early this morning I had a dream about a soccer player who mistook a cliff for flat ground and fell several stories, and in it I could not remember the word "Manischewitz". I don't remember what the connection was, but I remember used-car king Cal Worthington, bless his soul (for those of you who grew up in SoCal), was in the dream, and then so was my friend Evelyn, who happens to be Jewish, so maybe she was the prompt. Anyway, in the dream I remembered the square shape of the bottle but thought the name of the wine started with a 'J' -- so I tried various J words, like JANISCHEWITZ, JANISSARIES, JANISJOPLIN and even JASCHAHEIFETZ, to no avail. Then I woke up and almost immediately I realized I'd been dreaming about Manischewitz. Hmm, now I want some.



No comments:

Post a Comment