Monday, September 30, 2013

Assassin Bug

Some time ago, while stopped at a traffic light I took a shot of the rear end of the car in front.  I then promptly forgot about it, but earlier this evening I happened to come across the photo while checking out some old files.  I started playing around with the image idly, turning it this way and that way and looking at various details full-size, trying to find some use for it.  Then I discovered a detail that looked pretty cool upside down.  It made me think of some killer robot from the Terminator's universe, but one that goes about surreptitiously, hugging the ground like a cross between a snake and a scorpion and staying invisible until the moment it strikes.  Instantly I thought "Assassin bug!".


I had no idea what an actual assassin bug looked like, so I looked it up on the internet.  Turns out, it's a pretty impressive-looking creature -- perhaps, with a little imagination, one sees a certain resemblance?


No comments:

Post a Comment