Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Excerpt From My Dream Log

LUCID DREAMING, THROUGH WILLPOWER

I have always been deeply interested in lucid dreaming, and there was a period some years ago, when I experimented with various methods of inducing lucid dreams.

Just now I was reading my old dream log and found this entry, which I'd forgotten about:


[Log entry begins] Friday, March 27, 1998

Last night I went to bed relatively early(shortly after midnight) and made a concerted attempt to induce lucidity through sheer immersion. Probably because of the tension(I kept wandering off into anxiety over
[redacted]) it was a long time before I fell asleep, and then I woke up soon after. Thereafter, there were frequent interruptions for bathroom breaks. I lay still, counting and frequently asking [in my imagination] in a third-party voice, as if heard on a PA system, ‘Are you dreaming?’ using a sharp female voice. After some time I could feel my limbs getting numb and very heavy, but then I had to get up for another bathroom trip. Tonight I shall refrain from drinking excessively. No more beer at night.

During the course of one dream(there were several) a woman tried to let me know I was dreaming but somehow her voice was muffled and I did not understand her right away. Only after waking did I realize she was asking me if I was dreaming. And only now, while writing this log, did I realize that it was a literal continuation of the ‘PA system’ message into the dream! The method works! I will stick with it for now.
[Log entry ends]

No comments:

Post a Comment