Sunday, June 10, 2012

Another Synchronistic Event (#20)... With Some Kind Of Metadata


Originally, I was just going to post this photo with the title 'Clouds Playing Leapfrog':


Then I remembered seeing a composite photograph taken by Eadweard Muybridge for his 1887 classic, Animal Locomotion, of a man leapfrogging over another man.  Aside from being quite a remarkable and innovative achievement for the photographic technology of the time, it is interesting in and of itself, so I wanted to include a shot of that photo for comparison.  I went and took the book down from the bookcase, opened it at random, and voila! there were the very pages:

OUT OF A TOTAL 629 NUMBERED PAGES!

Just in case the book binding was cut at those pages, I closed and opened the book at random several times, and no, it didn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment