This morning I woke up directly from a dream in which a dignified older man was showing me the interior of a room that was well-appointed with impressive taste, except for two holes several inches in diameter, bored awkwardly through an angled wooden frame high above the mantle, maybe a foot and a half apart. They looked somewhat like this:
He pointed to them contemptuously and said something that sounded like "Figatzi" or Zigatza". It seemed a previous occupant of the residence had them done in order to have a light fixture installed. It was admittedly completely out of place and kitschy-looking (personally I find high, naked light sources to be harsh, much preferring intimate lighting). As it's unusual to remember words seen or heard in dreams, I tried looking it up using different permutations of the spelling. After a few unsuccessful tries, I came across "fugazi", which apparently means counterfeit/bogus, or more broadly, messed up or ruined. I guess that fits pretty well. And leaves me wondering.

No comments:
Post a Comment