Today I went to see the "needle" (actually an iconic sculpture symbolic of the future of Goyang, the Seoul suburb I live in; I've posted it before). I took a shot,
then I noticed something -- something at the very tip of the monument that looked like a tassel or a bit of fuzz or anyway some piece of shmutz that wasn't supposed to be there. I looked hard, but it was so small and indistinct (presbyopia setting in, sigh...) and I was unable to make it out against the backdrop of the bright sky. Then I got the bright (ha!) idea to check it out with the phone camera at maximum zoom, and...
it was a dragonfly!
I took a couple more shots, then I went over to sit on a bench in the shade and take a break while I checked out the day's photos. After several minutes I went back to the monument to see if the dragonfly was still there, but it had gone away. Ah well, I thought. Then, just as I was about to turn back, I saw it coming back,
to take up its commanding post at the tip of the needle again!








No comments:
Post a Comment