Tuesday, May 7, 2024

A Drizzly Day In Hongdae

I took this photo this afternoon in the Hong-Ik University neighborhood (the origin of the name Hongdae).  When I looked at the downloaded image I was immediately struck by its visual similarity to another shot that I took a few years ago.  But that earlier image was quite different in feel;  while it was intended to exploit the ominous, dystopian anxiety of being alone in the midst of an anomalously empty urban environment (wow, I so can wax poetic sometimes), this new image was definitely in a different category.  So I decided to emphasize that difference by modifying it with various editing tools, running it through filters, etc.  The result is a page out of an imaginary picture book dedicated to nostalgia, longing, and faded memories that will die with me.


Related posts:  A Bit Eerie,  Nostalgia,  Two Skies


No comments:

Post a Comment