That's me and my girl Holli Would at my friend Evelyn's house. We (I mean me and Ev^) went to see the night's last screening of the Ralph Bakshi animated film Cool World. When we came out after the movie it was way past midnight and there was no one else in the lobby except for a few frat-rat type young guys hanging around for whatever reason. There was also this life-size cutout of Holli, and Ev and I both knew immediately what we wanted to do with it. We hung about for a bit, waiting for the college kids to leave, but they weren't budging -- and it soon dawned on us that they were actually waiting for us to leave😁 So I did the manly thing to do -- I marched on up to them and told them that if they were planning to steal Holli, they could forget about it because we'd thought of it first. I don't know if they found it convincing -- probably they were just chagrined/embarrassed over being so transparent about their plan, and also that somebody else was being so openly bold about planning the same larceny😄😆 Oh, it was a glorious heist! Ev and I talked like pirates and sang made-up sea chanties the whole drive home that night!
After this photo was taken, however, Holli came to live with me and sat on the edge of my piano for years, until time came for me to sell everything off and move to Korea.

No comments:
Post a Comment