Today the temps were bearable due to the hard rain that had started falling during the previous night and continued, off and on, most of the daylight hours, so I first took a walk around the neighborhood relatively early (collecting another big bunch of nymph shells -- wet soft ones -- in the process), then went to my doctor's office down the block (yes, the mini-mall in my apartment complex actually hosts a doctor's office; my doctor was a little shocked that I hadn't eaten anything for a full day to prepare for the recommended blood test -- yes, Koreans are big eaters; btw the phlebotomist had a very hard time drawing my blood; I actually joked that I don't seem to have any blood left), then walked around some more, and came upon this:
It was so adorable I briefly considered keeping it, but then I realized that pin at the front was supposed to have a propeller on it.
I didn't like the thought of bringing a broken toy into my home (Hans Christian Andersen wrote about a defective toy in "The Steadfast Tin Soldier" and look what happened to it), so I put it back. So call me superstitious, but it saved me the trouble of having to throw salt on it and burn sage and pray over it with texts from Christian and Buddhist scriptures to cleanse the negative energy. Just kidding.



No comments:
Post a Comment