Saturday, April 6, 2024

Red Monster

The Sinchon neighborhood is home turf to the Red Monster.  Normally it pretends to be a piece of street sculpture and watches the pedestrians passing by, eagerly waiting for one to come close enough to be gobbled up.


One rainy afternoon I saw it eyeing this Umbrella Girl, probably trying to decide whether or not it was hungry enough to engulf her from behind and swallow her up right then.





I was in a rush and couldn't wait around to find out what ultimately transpired.  But the incident kept bothering me... 

I went back the next day and looked directly up into the creature's maw (from a safe distance, of course), looking for any signs of Umbrella Girl's fate.  But unsurprisingly, there were none.

I still wonder what happened to Umbrella Girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment